Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Thoughts

For over a year and a half since I stopped writing on this blog April 2010 I did not have much of a desire to program. I may have read a bit of a book about programming here and there. Then Late last year, or was it early this year. I decided that if I desired to learn how to program a computer I had better get serious.

With that decision made I then decided to learn python because I can create games with it and also I use it with blender. A also decided that I need to read about and program everyday. And I have kept me goal for the most part.

I  stated reading dive into python 3, then read Invent your own games with python, now I am reading how to design programs and using DrRacket, installed git. I have worked hard than I ever have before.

For example with how to design programs I don't just read the text and skip the exercises like I have done in the past. I am now working through the exercises and developing the programs. I get frustrated because sometime it will take me hours to design one function but, I am not giving up I will try until I can no longer make the examples. I believe that all the struggle will make programming easier later. And there are times I think things are to tough and I will never figure out how to make a function. In the end the functions get made and things work right. And it fun.

I also think it would be good for me to start a project of my own so I will be able to use and remember the things that I learn. Because I have spent years reading books and tutors; not that many though. And never made a project of my own. And that is the ultimate goal to make projects of my own. So I hope to start making my own stuff as soon as I can. Although it does not ever seem possible that I will ever be able to make an programs of my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment