Thursday, March 21, 2019

Review: Our Native Bees: North America’s Endangered Pollinators and the Fight to Save Them

Our Native Bees: North America’s Endangered Pollinators and the Fight to Save Them Our Native Bees: North America’s Endangered Pollinators and the Fight to Save Them by Paige Embry
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I liked the color pictures of bees. What surprised my is that there is not a lot of information about what all of the species north American eat or life. I had assumed that we knew everything there was to know about bees. The book also made me think about bees other than Honey bees and bumble bees. When I hear the word bee I think of honey bees.
I was surprised to learn that bumble bees are used to pollinate tomatoes in commercial greenhouses. I was also surprised to learn that there are cleptoparasitic bees who go into the hives of other bees and lay their eggs.
I enjoyed reading this book. I learned things I did not know.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment