Tuesday, February 4, 2020

Review: Math Adventures with Python: An Illustrated Guide to Exploring Math with Code

Math Adventures with Python: An Illustrated Guide to Exploring Math with Code Math Adventures with Python: An Illustrated Guide to Exploring Math with Code by Peter Farrell
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I could not wait to read Math adventures with python. I was so excited to learn how to use processing for math. I never knew that python had a turtle. I thought only Logo had a turtle. And I was excited to learn about Mandelbrot sets, Julia sets, Cellular Automata, genetic algorithms.

I read thought the book. And then I was going to copy the code by hand into a text file or processing. I made it all the way to the grid program. I kept getting an error so then I decided to download all the code from git instead of copying all the code from the book by hand. Now I can read the code on my computer and run it knowing that I will not get any errors.

This book was fun to read. It made math very understandable. I am not saying I can remember a lot of what I read. I am no math wiz after all.

I hope that math adventures with python starts me on a path to using python to solve math problems. It was well worth the time it took me to read Math adventures with python.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment