Thursday, March 4, 2010

silly fake diary entry #23

Today more of silly's fake diary.

Its been a great day today. Diary I don't believe I have discussed my technological illiteracy before so why not write about it today. Until my learning sessions with bob I was unable to turn on my computer because I could not find the power button, how silly is that. So I had to have Bob the Butler get my computer all set up for me; you know turning on the computer and logging onto the Internet because I could not do any of that stuff. I am so embarrassed. A few weeks ago I decided that someday I would turn on and log onto the Internet myself without Bob the butlers help.

To make my dream come true it took minutes of work over several weeks. First I told bob the butler that if he would not help me learn how to turn on my computer and get it onto the Internet he was fired. So of course he was glad to help me. We had a total of two learning sessions(his term not mine) lasing several minutes each.

For the first learning session he showed me where the power button is on the computer. He had to show me where it was a few times before I found it on my own.

The second session consisted of him you guessed it, showing me how to log onto the Internet. Again he had to show me several times until I could log on by myself. I was exhausted, but fulfilled.

Today I put my lessons into practice for the first time. I am still scared of my computer. I think if I press the wrong button I will delete all my files. Someday I will get the hang of this gadget. Time for bed, goodnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment