Saturday, December 28, 2019

Review: Wisdom of the Bees: Principles for Biodynamic Beekeeping

Wisdom of the Bees: Principles for Biodynamic Beekeeping Wisdom of the Bees: Principles for Biodynamic Beekeeping by Erik Berrevoets
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Its difficult for me to figure out what I want to write for a review. I wish book reviews came easy to me. Unfortunately not. I had never heard of biodynamic beekeeping before reading about it in Wisdom of bees.

I had two favorite chapters from the book. Hives and hive management and Artificial breeding. In the hives and their management chapter I liked the discussion about wax foundations, queen excluder boards and smokers. I never thought that you might be able to spray water on honey bees or drum the hive instead of using a smoker. I thought that was interesting. In that same chapter I also liked learning about the top bar and warre hives. I am not sure I have heard about the warre beehive before. As for the artificial breeding chapter its always interesting to read about queen bee breeding.

Some of the things in this book did not make sense to me. One would be the influence of the planets on bee hives. I don't know if I have got that right.

So there was some interesting information in Wisdom of the bees and some of the information did not make sense to me.

And the Appendix hive design principles made me wonder if I can design a bee hive. I had never thought of designing a beehive before.

I don't think I have anything more to say about wisdom of the bees. It was worth the time it took me to read it.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment