Friday, February 8, 2019

Review: The Garden of Invention: Luther Burbank and the Business of Breeding Plants

The Garden of Invention: Luther Burbank and the Business of Breeding Plants The Garden of Invention: Luther Burbank and the Business of Breeding Plants by Jane S. Smith
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

What a book. Before reading this book I had heard of Luther Burbank. I knew that he raised pants. But, I had no idea when he lived or how long he lived or if he ever got married. I had also heard of the spineless cactus he developed. That was the extent of my knowledge of Luther Burbank. The book was a pager turner for me. I was surprised to learn that Luther Burbank was born in New England. I was
surprised of the prices of his plant introductions in his 1893 new creations catalog. He was fascinating to learn more about. I liked his mothers Name Olive. This book made me want to be a plant breeder.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment