Saturday, September 8, 2012

The Woman Who Wanted To Program, But, never did, page 4

The pizza delivery women arrived with her pizza order. She was surprised to see it was Trish Thames an old school friend who she had lost touch with years ago. They were close friends at one time but, had drifted apart and lost touch.

Oh, my I can't believe its you Trish. To bad its you Jessica. "I hoped I'd never see you again. After what you did." "What did I do Trish. I don't remember." "Oh, don't be all you don't know with me Jessica. You remember." "No I don't." "Fine, then I will tell you. Wait, I think I am thinking of someone else. All theses years I had been angry at you and it was not you I should have been angry with. Oh, shoot. I feel bad now Jessica." "its water under the sink as far as I am concerned Trish."

"So how about we do something Jessica. Here is my number I will call you later." "Ok, I will call you or you can call me I don't care." So after Jessica gave Trish the money for her food she waved goodbye to her now new old fiend and skipped to the living room to eat her food. She was so happy to meet someone she had known years ago. She could not wait to go camping or something like that with Trish. She could not wait to re-connect with her friend.

For now Jessica had to eat food and decide what television show to watch. She started flipping through the channels with the remote control. She found a classic sports game. It was the computer city stars vs. The computer city cars. The teams played baseball. And this particular game was from 1959. It was one of the best baseball games in history. It was an extra inning affair. It lasted 36 inning which ment the games was over six hours long. It was the longest game in the history of baseball and used almost all the players on each team. It was a joy to watch and Jessica had watched it before and on this night she decided she wanted to watch the game again.

One of the greatest players in the game who was name Sid Sanders. He was one of the greatest center fielders in the history of baseball. He was great defensively and one spectacular offensively. He was also one of the most likeable me in the history of the game. In this particular game he made several great defensive plays that keep the game going when it was in extra innings. He was the player who ended the game with a grand slam. It left the crowd cheering and the other team staring in disbelief. It was sure to be on highlight reels for years to come and in fact it was. Yes one of the best hight lights that you or anyone could imagine.

Jessica settled into the couch and for the night so she could enjoy this wonderful game. It might be boring to stay home on a weeknight but, she was not a person to party so she preferred to stay home and watch television or a movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment