Saturday, January 25, 2020

Review: 3D Printing for Dummies

3D Printing for Dummies 3D Printing for Dummies by Kirk Hausman
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I wanted to read 3d printing for dummies after I got a 3d printer or at least had the parts to build a 3d printer. But, I decided to read it even though I don't have a 3d printer or parts to build a 3d printer. I figure its better to learn about 3d printing before I get into 3d printing.

My favorite part of the book is exploring the business side of 3d printing. I had never considered how 3d printing might impact manufacturing. it will be interesting to see what happens. My favorite section of chapter 6 is crafting personal store fronts. I had heard of shapeways but, I had not heard of ponoko.

i had no idea there there were different types of 3d printers. i thought they were all the same kind. I am glad I know different now.

I did not build the printer that the authors built in the book. But, it was interesting to learn how a 3d printer is built. I never knew that 3d printer kits. I thought all 3d printers came per-built or had to be built front scratch. I also enjoyed learning about the different software that needs to be used with 3d printing. And I am glad a lot of its open-source.

If I ever get a 3d printer I want to use it to build radio control cars, trucks, boats, motorcycles, and drones. And I also want to print cookies, pizza, decorate cakes.

Its seems like using a 3d printer might be harder than I thought. But, once I got used to it I hope it will be easier. I hope that I get into 3d printing. I want to build my fist 3d printer from a kit.

I learned a lot about 3d printing from 3d printing for dummies. Now all I need is a 3d printer so I can put all the information to use.

That reminds me that maybe about 3 years ago I read a book about tinkercad. I wanted to learn how to use tinkercad but, I had no interest in 3d printing. Now though I am interesting in getting into 3d printing. What a difference 3 years can make.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment