Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Talking about my rss reed reader

Today hacker news had a link to a website that has a long list of rss feeds about web design. I signed up for all the feeds since I need to read more sites about web design.

Writing the above paragraph reminded me that in addition to deleting my blog I also unsubscribed to the 1,200+ rss feeds that I was subscribed to. It felt good to unsubscribe from all those blogs and websites because I was just could not possibly read all the feeds I was subscribed to.

After I cleaned out google reader I decided to only subscribe to feeds I want to read. I used to read feeds in my feed reader for a couple of hours, but I did not enjoy what I was reading. I wanted to read about computer programming, but I felt like I had to keep reading certain rss feeds even though I did not want to keep reading them anymore.

No one told me to read any rss feeds, but I had to keep reading the rss feeds I did not want to read. I thought oh some day I will read the feeds I want to. But someday probably never would have come if I did not unsubscibe to all my feeds and start over with a clean slate.

So now instead of reading stuff I don't want to I read what I want to, mostly programming websites/blogs and I am having a blast.


No comments:

Post a Comment