Monday, November 2, 2009

Today some programming talk

The last time I wrote about programming I said that I was focusing on learning squeak. Well that has changed. I am still reading through squeak by example but, now I have decided after all these years to put up a website so I will also try and learn php, jquery, html, css.

Continuing on the subject of php the other day I was reading through a php tutorial about using php with html forms. So I wanted to see what the php looked like in a browser instead of the command line. I opened the file in a browser and filled out the form and hit the submit button but, the php did not work.

I copied the code from the tutorial but, the php did not execute again. I though what in the world is going on. After awhile I figured out why the script was not working. It did not work because my browser does not run php. After I found the problem I put the web pages on indigoAMPP and the script worked.

Tomorrow more bobby the block talk. Silly's done, goodnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment