Sunday, May 5, 2019

Review: 100 Greatest Video Game Characters

100 Greatest Video Game Characters 100 Greatest Video Game Characters by Jaime Banks
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I enjoyed learning about all the video games characters that were in this book. My favorite characters were Pac-Man, john Dowd, Michael Vick, Lora croft, Bill Clinton, Samus Aran, Bo Jackson I am sure I am leaving some out.
I last played Pac-man on the Atari 2600. I was not very good. The highest I got was level one or two. I was surprised to learn that the game had 260 playable levels. I hope I got the number right.
One of my favorite games on the Nintendo game cube was Metroid prime. I even had a book to tell me how to play the game. I never read it and never got to the end of the game. I also had Metroid on the NES. I did even worse in the game.
Now I want to write about characters that I like but, were not in the book. The book made me think about who my favorite characters are. I think it was in NFL 94 staring Joe Montana for the sega genesis. In that game I found out that Mel gray was untouchable. Hand him the ball and it was touch down every time. At least that is how I remember it. So I always traded for Mel gray and got him on my team. And ran my score past 100 pretty quickly. It was unfortunate that the game did not show scores over 100 points.
And there is one more character I will wrote about. When I play games I played mostly sports games but, this game is not a sports game. The game is Dead to rights. I liked Jake Slate and his dog shadow. Jack was a cop looking to find out who killed his dad I think. The game was so fun to play. I also enjoyed the story. So fun. I hope to play dead to rights again someday.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment