Thursday, May 9, 2019

Review: The Official U.S. Army Illustrated Guide to Edible Wild Plants

The Official U.S. Army Illustrated Guide to Edible Wild Plants The Official U.S. Army Illustrated Guide to Edible Wild Plants by Department of the Army
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I read the paperback edition of the book not the ebook edition. I liked the pictures that went with the description of the wild plants. I can't recall eating any wild plants. Yes, I can. I did eat some wild licorice, I think.
I would be nice if I could get all my food from wild plants. Then I would not have to put any work or into a garden. All I would need to do is harvest the food. I would be to insecure of myself to eat a plant I did not grow myself unless someone who knew what they were talking about showed me in person which plants are edible and which are not.
I was surprised that foxtail grass seeds are edible. i was also surprised that sago palms had anything edible in them.
If you are looking for a quick read about edible wild plants this is the book for you.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment