Wednesday, July 24, 2019

Review: The Beekeeper's Handbook

The Beekeeper's Handbook The Beekeeper's Handbook by Diana Sammataro and Alphonse Avitabile
My rating: 0 of 5 stars

I read the 3rd edition of the book. It seems like it took me forever to read. I made it through. There is so much about honey bees that i need to learn. And I think this book had a lot of great information about honey bees. If only I could spend the rest of my life studying it then I could become a honey bee expert.
My two favorite things in the book were a recipe for bee brood and and the page on how to raise wax moths for fishing bait and food for people. It says wax moths cane be fried. When fried they pop like popcorn, and when salt is added they taste like potato chip or corn puffs. I have to eat insects. Most of the world eats insects so I should also.
The beekeepers handbook has everything you would expect from a book about beekeeping. Personally I never to memorize bee anatomy. Learning about beekeeping is so much fun. I am sure actually beekeeping would be more fun. I can't want to keep bees for real. I hope I become a beekeeper some day.
Thinking about sitting around a beehive and watching the bees fly around seems fun. I am sure the sound of the bees would be relaxing.
Reading this book was not a wast of my time.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment