Friday, August 23, 2019

Review: Beekeeping for Dummies

Beekeeping for Dummies Beekeeping for Dummies by Howland Blackiston
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I enjoyed reading every chapter of the book. It was a fun read. I never know what to write in a review. What did I think about the book? I liked the glossary at the end of the book. I also liked the resources section at the back of the book. I also liked the recipes for things to make with wax, and honey and propolis. I really liked the queen rearing chapter.
I try to read all the books about bee keeping I can so that the information will slowly make its way into my brain.
After reading this book I though I could start bee keeping today and do OK at it. While reading the book I though wait a minute the book did not talk about keeping records of your hive inspections. Then at the end of the book there was a list of things to check during hive inspections.
Beekeeping for dummies makes me want to start beekeeping now. To bad its august and to late to start. I will have a goal to start bee keeping next year. Its my new years resolution in august.
I think this book has the information you need to start as a bee keeper. Its a quick read. Its fun to read.
I think it would be fun to have a Langstroth hive and a top bar hive. There is so much to learn about bee keeping and so many things I can do. I can raise queens. I can harvest pollen, propolis, honey. I want to try everything.
What else can I say except that this book was not a waste of my time to read. It was worth the read.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment