Wednesday, August 14, 2019

Review: Picking Up: On the Streets and Behind the Trucks with the Sanitation Workers of New York City

Picking Up: On the Streets and Behind the Trucks with the Sanitation Workers of New York City Picking Up: On the Streets and Behind the Trucks with the Sanitation Workers of New York City by Robin Nagle
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I was excited to read this book. And it did not disappoint. My favorite chapters were the ones that talked about the history of NYC garbage collection. I was surprised to learn that NYC used to throw its garbage in the ocean. And empty its chamber pots in rivers. I makes me glad to live at this time.
I was also surprised to learn that some NYC garbage were ashamed to be garbage men. One man has not told his neighbors what he does for a living. Me personally I think being a garbage man is a honorable profession. It keeps the streets free of garbage.
This book was a page turner. I wish I could read faster. It was so good. I thought reading this book was worth my time spent reading it. There were so many great stories.
I also learn that street sweepers are also called mechanical brooms. It was fun to read about mechanical brooms also. I enjoyed it.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment