Thursday, September 26, 2019

Review: The Bee Book

The Bee Book The Bee Book by Fergus Chadwick
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This is another fun book to read about bees. My favorite chapter was the chapter about attracting bees. I have to build a bamboo bee house, the clay bee house, the wood block house, and the pallet hotel. And I wish I could plant every one of the plants. Bring on the bees.
I also liked the two pages about changing comb. In other books I read that its good to change brood comb ever 2 years or so but, I don't recall those other books saying how to change the comb. So it was interesting to read about the Bailey and shook swarm method. I learn something never every time I read another book about bees. Bees are awesome.
I have not kept bees in a beehive so I don't know if I would like it or be any good at it. I do want to try keeping bees. It sounds so interesting. I do know one thing. I like growing pants and I want to plant plants that will attract bees. This was defiantly worth the read. The pictures were nice to look at also.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment