Sunday, September 1, 2019

Review: The Beekeeper's Problem Solver: 100 Common Problems Explored and Explained

The Beekeeper's Problem Solver: 100 Common Problems Explored and Explained The Beekeeper's Problem Solver: 100 Common Problems Explored and Explained by James E. Tew
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I always enjoy reading about honey bees. I liked that this book was a fast read. For most of the book there is a question and then the answer. And on the page opposite it there is a picture with a small amount of text.
I hope I know more about answers to honey bee problems after reading this book. I wish my brain were like a photocopier and could remember everything I read. Its not. I wish books could be downloaded to my brain like software for a computer. It can't. Maybe in the future.
Two answers stood out to me. One was about problems with aunts. In another book I read about putting the legs of the hive stand in cans and filling those cans with motor oil. This book says that the aunts can get past that so that solution does not work all the time. And the other answer was about laying workers. Another book I read said to shake the the workers off the frames away from the hive and the laying workers will not be able to make it back to the hive. This book says that the laying workers will be able to make it to the hive. So shaking the workers off the frames away from the hive does not work. At least I have remembered some of what I have read in other bee keeping books.
I enjoy reading about bees so I enjoyed reading this book. Now all I need to do is remember what I read so that I will have the information when I need it.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment