Friday, September 20, 2019

Review: Bees, Wasps, and Ants: The Indispensable Role of Hymenoptera in Gardens

Bees, Wasps, and Ants: The Indispensable Role of Hymenoptera in Gardens Bees, Wasps, and Ants: The Indispensable Role of Hymenoptera in Gardens by Eric Grissell
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I wish I knew it all. I am glad I don't know it all. Because if I now it all there would be a lot in world that no one would know anything about. Before reading this book I had never heard the word sawfly and had no idea what they were. Insects are amazing that's all I can say.
My favorite chapter about the book was the one about planting a garden for Hymenoptera. That's not the exact name of the chapter but, its what the chapter is about.
I wonder how much information entomologists memorize. And how much information that have to look up in a book or on the internet.
Reading articles saying that insects were declining made me want to know more about insects. And I am glad I have read books about insects. Now all I need to do is plant a garden to attract hymenoptera so I can see them up close. I defiantly will need a field guide to identify them.
This was a fun book to read.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment