Sunday, September 1, 2019

Review: The Trauma Cleaner: One Woman's Extraordinary Life in the Business of Death, Decay, and Disaster

The Trauma Cleaner: One Woman's Extraordinary Life in the Business of Death, Decay, and Disaster The Trauma Cleaner: One Woman's Extraordinary Life in the Business of Death, Decay, and Disaster by Sarah Krasnostein
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I had read an article about Trauma cleaning in a magazine years ago. That is why I wanted to read this book. Reading about all the challenges that Sandra Pankhurst has had lot happen in her life and that she has made it through those challenges is inspiring to me. Its amazing that with all her heath problems she is able to work.
When faced with a problem I want to give up. I tell myself that I will never get through any problem I face because I don't have an education, Or I tell myself I am not a hard working, Or I tell myself I never finish anything I start. But, when faced with a problem Sandra keeps on going.
I was surprised to learn that the hormones that Sandra takes will shorten her life. If I read the part of the book right. I am sure I did.
It was also interesting to read about Sandra's clients. I don't know how anyone can live in that type of filth. I know I think that I need to keep things because one day I might sell them for a lot of money. But, I could not stand to live in a big mess. At least I hope I never would be able to. But, if there was some bad event in my life who knows I might become a hoarder too.
I think Sandra has lived an amazing life. I have often wondered if I could work as a Trauma cleaner. I am not sure. I might not be able to take the bad smells or see blood. or cleaning up the scene of a murder. But, I would like helping people in their hour of need. Making their lives a little cleaner.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment