Sunday, June 30, 2019

Review: The Hive: The Story of the Honeybee and Us

The Hive: The Story of the Honeybee and Us The Hive: The Story of the Honeybee and Us by Bee Wilson
My rating: 0 of 5 stars

This book was wroth the read. One thing I learned what that honey bees don't die all the time when they stings. Its only when they sting mammals with elastic skin like humans. i think I got that right. Before I read this book I was under the impression that whenever a bee stung anything it died because its stinger got stuck in whatever it stung.
And another thing that surprised me what the honey is not recommend for infants because they can get a type of botulism.
Another thing I never thought of was honey ice cream. I have to try honey ice cream. It sounds delicious.
There was so much in this book that I liked. It talked about Brother Adam. I had just read about him in sweetness & light. The bee keeping showman Thomas Wildman. Were two of my favorite people to read about in the book.
I enjoyed the discussion of why the popularity declined. It surprised me that German still eats as much honey now as in I think it was medieval times.
Why was I not interested in bees when I was younger. They are fascinating to read about. I am sure I don't know much about bees since I have only read about half a dozen books about bees but, I know more about bees than I used to.
Reading about Honey bees makes me wish I had a honey bee hive right now that I could go outside and sit by all day. I would never feel alone sitting by a honey be hive. I hope I would not get stung.
I could go on and on about the interesting things I learned in this book. I have written enough. Or maybe I will write more about it later.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment