Thursday, June 20, 2019

Review: Sweetness and Light: The Mysterious History of the Honeybee

Sweetness and Light: The Mysterious History of the Honeybee Sweetness and Light: The Mysterious History of the Honeybee by Hattie Ellis
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I enjoyed reading this book. I know I have never said that about a book before. Right. There is so much that I found interesting in this book. It hard to remember it all. My favorite story was about Brother Adam who was a monk at Buckfast Abby who bread honeybees. After he was diagnosed with a heart problem he traveled over 120,000 miles in search of honeybee breeding stock over the next 26 years. Amazing.
I also enjoyed reading about how bees got from the east cost of American to the west coast. I had never thought about that before. I suppose I thought the bees migrated themselves. I never thought that the would have had to be shipped.
It was defiantly wroth the time it took to read the book. I thought there was a lot of great history about honeybees in this book. I am glad I read the it.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment