Friday, August 2, 2013

Adventures of Bud, page 9

I don't know where bud went. I think he might have somehow I don't know locked himself in the basement or I could have locked him in the basement. I don't know. Its me your trusty narrator back telling you the story.

So Bud said "Wow, Traci I cant get to the beach fast enough to get away from you. I should not have said that out loud how rude of me I am sorry Traci. "What were you talking about Bud" Traci said. "Nothing" sweetie Bud said. Bud thought to himself gee wiz I dodged a horrible mistake I hope I don't make another one in this date.

"So Bud tell me more about yourself I just love to here about you and your life. I think you are so interesting Bud". "I don't like to talk about myself Jessica. I know people think I am shy but, its just the reticence to talk about myself and bore anyone or hog the conversation and turn it to myself. I don't like all the attention and I don't think I am that interesting but, I could talk about myself for you as that is what you have intimated that you want me to talk about and its more interesting than talking about your life." Bud said.

I should not have said that Bud thought to himself. Hope she did not hear it. She didn't so I will just talk on. "See I was born in computer city to I don't remember the name of my parents. I was real big into to computers when I was younger. Other people went to parties and I went home and installed a compiler on my computer and read the documentation to a computer programming language for hours of fun. I have friends though the only why I ever saw them was on my computer. I never talked to anyone because I was so insecure.

I thought the only thing I was good at was using a computer and I was not good with people. I thought everyone was judging me when I talked to people when I would talk to them. I always thought everyone thought I looked stupid. I was so self conscious. I felt the fool socially. I thought no one would ever like me or want to know me or find me interesting. Oh, how I was wrong. Maybe people like the fact that I don't talk about myself or don't talk much."

"I got average grades in school because I was always working on my computer. Its what I thought I wanted to do for the rest of my life. I thought I could not live without my computer. I did not go an hour without thinking about it.

Then one day I looked at my life and said to myself what is all the programming and book reading for if I have no friends or feel miserable. I felt stupid But, I did not have any friends so who would notice if I were stupid anyway and did I care if I were stupid. I wanted to impress people with my knowledge but, I never talked to anyone so why did I care what they thought of me.

So with that in mind I cut out some computer time and started to talk to people like you Traci. And now here I am on my first date at whatever years old. That is just an outline of my life Traci now tell me about yourself miss lady.

No comments:

Post a Comment