Thursday, October 24, 2019

Review: Becoming a Hairstylist

Becoming a Hairstylist Becoming a Hairstylist by Kate Bolick
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This book exceeded my expectations. And it was a quick read to boot. i interviews were fun to read. I had no idea that hairstylists had to be licensed. And it seems to take a long time to get an appointment for the written licensing test. And it also surprised me that cosmetology school was so technical. You need to learn more than only cutting hair. I thought it would be easy to get into and easy to breeze through. That is not the case.
I have never thought I could cut hair as a profession. I am not sure I would be able to cut hair very well. Though I can see why people want to be hairstylists. You get to be around people, talk, and make peoples look the best it can.
I am so glad I read this book. I don't know that I will ever be a hairstylist but, at least now I have an idea of how to become one.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment