Saturday, October 12, 2019

Review: The Lives of Bees: The Untold Story of the Honey Bee in the Wild

The Lives of Bees: The Untold Story of the Honey Bee in the Wild The Lives of Bees: The Untold Story of the Honey Bee in the Wild by Thomas D. Seeley
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Before I read this book I had the idea that all the wild honey bees in the united States hand been killed by varroa destructor. I could not have been more wrong. I see honey bees on flowers all the time. I wish I knew if they were wild honey bees. I doubt they are. I am glad that there are still wild honey bees in the wild in the united states. It gives me how that honey bees will survive despite the fact of varroa destructor, chalk brood, small hive beetle, deformed wing virus, and all the other pests and
diseases of honeybees. Because I worry that one day there will be no more honey bees. And that would be a shame.
This book talked about everything I ever wanted to know about how wild honey bees live. I was surprised that there are people out there who study wild honey bees. I am glad there are. This book is a weighty book literally. I think my arms got stronger by holding the book in my hands while reading it. Strong mind, strong body.
My favorite chapter was Darwinian beekeeping because it give suggestions on how I could apply what I read about how honey bees live in the wild to my honey bee hives. Thought I don't yet raise honey bees. I hope to raise honey bees someday.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment