Wednesday, October 23, 2019

Review: Edible: An Adventure into the World of Eating Insects and the Last Great Hope to Save the Planet

Edible: An Adventure into the World of Eating Insects and the Last Great Hope to Save the Planet Edible: An Adventure into the World of Eating Insects and the Last Great Hope to Save the Planet by Daniella Martin
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Eating bugs is a subjects I have been dying to read about. I have never knowingly eaten a bug. Except that as she says in the book that that we have all eating bugs unknowingly. The author says something
like that. I can't remember the exact words. For the book I learned that the term for eating bugs is entomorphagy.
My favorite parts of the book are raising bugs at home where she gives instructions on how to raise mealworms, crickets and wax moths at home. And I also enjoyed reading the essential list of edible insects. I was surprised to learn that cockroaches are edible.
Reading this book makes me want to go out and stat and insect farm and make some recipes with insects in them. I was also surprised the scorpions are edible. Wow.
That reminds me also also enjoyed reading the recipes in the back of the book. I did not make any of them. I wish I could make them though. The brownies sound tasty.
So I thought this was an exciting book to read. I knew that people in other parts of the world at insects. In the books I read about bees and honey bees I read about people eating the bee larva. I never knew that there was anyone in the United states who ate insects.
I can't wait to grow mealworms, crickets and wax moths. I don't know if I would be able to eat them though. I enjoyed this book.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment