Wednesday, June 11, 2008

The five things I like about forth



  1. name - What is it about the name forth that intrigues me. It could be that its name is also a number and the name of a programming language. That's all I can think of.


  2. size - As I said in the previous post I did use win32forth a little bit. Maybe I downloaded win32forth as a zip file, but for its size it seems to have a lot of tools. I like small downloads a lot so that made me like forth.


  3. GUI - Using win32forth I can create GUIs which is a big deal to me. At one time I only wanted to try a programming language that you could create GUIs with. I suppose any programming Language can create graphical user interfaces so maybe I should say make GUIs easily.


  4. challenge - One of the things I thought when I fist looked at forth source code was it seemed so different than java or c/c++ I thought to my self I don't think I will be able to read forth. Maybe with some practice I will be able to read forth, hopefully.


  5. obscure - I have not heard that much about the forth programming language. I suppose I want to learn forth eventually to see if I am missing anything. I guess not hearing much about forth makes it mysterious. Will I like forth even thought it is not one of the more well known programming language.

No comments:

Post a Comment