Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Forth programming language

I first heard about forth while reading sams teach yourself java or javascript. I can't member which book. The book had a link to a website about forth. There might have been a free forth compiler on the website, but I didn't find one. I did download a book and was excited to learn more about forth. But I never read the book because I thought I could not get a free forth compiler so I could try some code.

Probably a few months later I found a site that had a whole bunch of free compilers for many different programming languages. I was excited to discover that the site had a few free forth compilers. I chose two compilers bigforth, and win32Forth and downloaded them. I have only tried using win32Forth. I think the reason I have only tried that compiler is because I cold get the documentation.




No comments:

Post a Comment