Friday, August 22, 2008

2. komando.com

I thought this morning that I could make a list of 5 or 10 of my favorite websites starting yesterday with about.com. Komando.com is my second favorite website. I started listening to the kim komando show on a local radio station in the late 1990's. I would listen to the show even though I new nothing about computers.

And I mean I knew nothing. I did not know what the start menu was or how to even start a program. I did not now what minimizing a program was or how to turn off a program. I had heard of c++, but had no idea how to write even a small program. I also did not know what a the desktop was. I had a great time listening listing to the show though.

One of the first things I did when I got my computer was sign up for Kim Komando's newsletters, The cool site of the day, Tip of the day, and her weekend newsletter. Later see added the news of the day and I signed up for that also.

I've learn a lot from those newsletters. I've learned about a lot of free programs like gimp, firewalls and antivirus software.what else have I learned. I have also learned that I needed anti spyware programs. I had no idea I needed anti spyware when I got my computer. The site has helped me a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment