Friday, August 15, 2008

Ubuntu Linux

I heard about Ubuntu Linux form about.com freebies. I have always wanted to try linux, but most of the distros are to large to download on dial-up and also most of the distros I saw cost money to get a cd shipped to me. Ubuntu was different I could request a cd and have it mailed to me for free so I ordered 5 cd's. I was so excited when the cds arrived. I could not wait to try Linux on my computer.

I put the live cd in my cd drive and went through the set up, but I could not get Ubuntu to work on my computer. Well I think it did work, but I could not get the x server setup right. I think it was a problem with the refresh rate on my monitor. I looked on the Internet to see if anyone else had the same problem and how I could fix it. I did not find a solution to my problem.I probably did not look that hard thought. I tried setting up Ubuntu a few more times with no success.

Someday I want to get Ubuntu working on my computer so I can try some of the programming tools that are suppose to come with Ubuntu and I also want to lean what I think are called shell commands. I also want to surf the Internet and use blender on Ubuntu.

No comments:

Post a Comment