Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Puppy Linux

I found out about puppy linux from about.com Linux. What amazed me was that puppy Linux was so small and had a good number of programs that came with it. I have downloaded two versions of puppy Linux. Puppy Linux is the Linux distro I have used the most.

When I first went to the puppy Linux site I wanted to download puppy Linux so I did and burned it onto a CD and set my computer to boot from the CD drive. I rebooted my computer and puppy Linux came on the screen.

I wanted to see if I could get on the Internet so I tried setting up the modem, but puppy Linux did not support my software modem. I was disappointed that I could not get on the Internet, but I did play with puppy Linux a little. I had a blast using a text editing program and writing html, css, and javascript and then using a web browser to view the web page and just playing around with puppy Linux. Puppy Linux was fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment