Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Fortran programming language

Yesterday I downloaded the open watcom FORTRAN 77 compiler. A few years ago I heard about FORTRAN and wanted to download a FORTRAN compiler, but I could not find a free one to use that seemed easy to install except open watcom FORTRAN 77. I did not want to download and install open watcom's FORTRAN compiler at that time though.

A few days ago I saw FORTRAN mentioned on a website and I thought I want to try FORTRAN. I went to the open watcom website and downloaded a new version of the c/c++ and also the FORTRAN 77 compiler and installed both compilers.

Today I went to my favorite online site with free books and went to a FORTRAN tutorial and tried some FORTRAN code. I had a great time writing FORTRAN code. I always love trying out programming languages I have not used before. I don't know if I want to learn FORTRAN, but as I said I am having fun with it now.

No comments:

Post a Comment