Monday, July 2, 2012

Buds Best years, Page 56

"Let me go on more about myself" Bud said. "I think the divorce really scared me and that is maybe the real reason that I don't want a relationship in high school. Thought I could be reading to much into my behavior. I don't know" Bud said.

"In the future I want to start another company. I am not exactly sure what the company will make but, it will probably make video games software because I do like to make video games as I believe that the add a lot to the world by giving people joy in their lives. Or maybe video games don't bring joy into peoples live I just like making money. Or no wait I don't like making money I mean its not the only thing that is important in my life.

Well lets see what else can I tell you about myself Bruce. My favorite music is 1970's disco music. I like to wear fluorescent green pant suits. And the most scandalous thing I am going to reveal is that I once went a day without using a computer. Well its been great hearing about you Bruce but, I have got to get back to the movie.

To Buds shocked surprise Bud had spent the entire move talking to Bruce. And to top it all of the Popcorn was soft because all the butter had soaked into the popcorn. So he just drank the cola. Since they were watching a double feature all was not lost and Bud would be watching a movie today after all. The next move was called The baseball player with a horrible swing. It was a semi-fictional movie about Sam Ballplayer who played for the computer city sidekicks in the computer city professional baseball league in the 1940's. Sam was a great defensive 3rd baseman who could not hit the baseball though he still managed to have a 20 year pro baseball career since he was stellar defensively.

The movie follow his career on the field as well as his tumultuous life off it. He was married six times since he had about the worst luck of picking a good mate. It also talks about his book addiction. Reading addiction was a little know phenomenon back in the 1940's it was not as well understood as it was when bud was growing up. He used to read all day long and it affected his family as well as his social life.

Oh, great Bud said when he hear what the second movie was going to be about since Bud thought Sam Ballplayer was one of the most interesting sports figures of the 20th century. And this time Bud was able to sit thought the who movie and even ate the butter soaked popcorn even though he disliked butter soaked popcorn.

After the movie was over Bud commented on how much he liked the movie and how accurate some of the events were to real life that were portrayed in the movie. Right down to the unfortunate end that Sam Ballplayer had. The year was 1972 and Sam was 52 years old and he had just remarried. The day was war and breezy. Sam and his new wife had just returned for a shopping trip and the Ballplayer's cat became stuck in a tree in the font yard. Instead of calling the fire department Sam decided to get the cat himself. He made it up the tree alright and got the cat but, on the way down the latter fell over and Sam landed head first onto the drive way pavement. His wive called the paramedics. He was rushed to the hospital where he lived for a month in a coma and things were looking good and then he took a turn for the worse and died on the night of July 21, 1972 in obscurity as it had been years since his playing days were over and he liked his privacy and did not seek out the limelight.

No comments:

Post a Comment