Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Laura Poker Player, Page 4, The end

And then after she bought the building she was going to paint it all pink because of the calming effect the color had on her.

She once confided to a friend that her biggest fear is that she would die and never accomplish her goals of leaving her mark on the world. Sure she did not want to be a teacher but, she wanted to make a contribution to society. She wanted to get herself to live forever by getting into the history books by working in science or computer programming. She did not want to play poker of video games all her life. She figured that maybe computer programming was it because as she saw it computer programs live for ever if they were published on the internet. Or if she made some big discovery in astronomy or what about nanotechnology.

The possibilities were endless. "I can never make up my mind on what I want to do with the rest of my life." She said to a friend. "I start and then think I want to do something else and then I go back to the thing I stopped doing before I started doing the know project and I just keep going around in circles like a hamster on one of those wheels. What I need is discipline to see a project or endeavour to the end no matter if I get bored or tired of it in the middle just get it done and if I don't like my new hobby then I can move on and try something else.

Because the way she saw herself that once she decided to do or get involved in something that she would get it done and do a solid job even if she was not the best or the brightest. She just had trouble making up that mind as to what she wanted to do.

But, she would keep working to change and someday she would change and there would be a new person and that person would be the new her. That person she had always wanted to be all her life. Someone with confidence and drive and would finish what she started and not leave a project unfinished. Until that time she would keep working to change and as I already mentioned change she would in a big way.

"Sometimes that fact that I don't have a relationship with a boyfriend or a husband bothered her too. As she once mentioned to a friend that sometimes she felt lonely even though she had many many friends. The regret quickly end when she remember her luck with picking that special someone. No luck that is what she had with men. Her last boyfriend was a lier and a thief. She tricked her into giving him thousands of dollars for a business that never really existed. It was later discovered that he was married and had used the money she had given him to support his wife and kids and to take his other mistresses out on dates to fancy restaurants and to the movies and on vacations to tropical islands.

So getting involved with a man was not what she wanted to do anytime soon or for that matter ever again. She said to one friend "I will wait for a company to come out with a male robot and I will buy one and we will live happy ever after because I sure can't see myself being happy with a human male." So she had a good life with some big disappointments but all in all it was a solid life. The end.

No comments:

Post a Comment