Wednesday, September 10, 2008

The Hornet 1/10 scale




Another hobby I have is Radio Controlled vehicles. I have not driven my RC's for a while although I still have both of them. The RC I want to talk about today is The Hornet. I have had it for 17 years. I think it sill works, but I have not tried using it yet.

I remember when I got the Hornet I probably wanted a Lunch Box which is a van with big wheels or an RC 12 instead of the Hornet, but the store probably did no have those two RC's so I got the Hornet. I also got a transmitter and a battery and a battery charger so I could drive the Hornet.

The Hornet came as a kit that had to be assembled before I could use it, but I did not assemble it, my dad did. I wish I had the patience at that time to assemble it myself but I didn't. I have never assembled and RC kit myself, but I think it would be fun to do. The assembly probably took a day or two for my dad and I am sure I used the Hornet right after he finished putting it together.

The RC has needed a few repairs:


  1. The mechanical speed control had to be replaced once, but I am not sure how the original speed control broke.


  2. The wires on the electric motor have had to be soldered a few times because they came loose.

No comments:

Post a Comment