Thursday, September 11, 2008

TRAXXAS HAWK RC truck



My other RC vehicle is a Traxxas HAWK. I think I got the hawk a few years after the hornet, but I can't remember. I wanted to get the Lunch Box, but I got the hawk instead because the store was out of the lunch box and I could not wait to get another RC. I got it ready to run although I could have gotten it as a kit to build also. I wish I had gotten the kit and built the hawk myself.



I always wanted a transmitter with a steering wheel so I got one when I bought the hawk. I always wanted a electronic speed control so I got one for the Hawk. At the time getting an electronic speed control made perfect sense, but looking back I wonder why I got it. I only drove the hawk in the driveway so why get the electronic speed control. The decision makes no sense at all. The mechanical speed control would have been fine for how I used the hawk. I should mention I got the electronic speed control after I had the hawk for awhile.



Another thing I did that makes no sense now, I took apart the transmitter. I don't remember how much of the transmitter I took apart. Why I took it apart I do not know, but at least I got it back together and I am sure it works now. Taking apart the transmitter was a bad idea.


I like the hawk although I have not used it for awhile. A battery powered truck is fine, but some day I want to get a gas powered monster truck. Driving a monster truck I am sure would be great fun and I have always wanted a gas powered RC.

No comments:

Post a Comment