Sunday, September 28, 2008

Some thoughts on programming

I think I have written about all the programming languages I have tried. Writing about all the languages depressed me. All the posts I wrote about all the programming languages I have tried were pretty much, well I downloaded and installed this compiler or this interpreter and did a few lines of code and that is all. I want to make a useful program, but I have not been able to make one.

My problem is I want to learn every programming language I come across. So I end up learning nothing except the names of a bunch of programming languages. I realise now I only need to know one language to be a computer programmer and I am probably not missing anything if I do not know or try every programming language because there is no way I can learn every
programming language.

I also realise that I need to decide on a one or two or three programming languages and stick to thoes languages and see if I am any good at programming. I need to set a goal. My goal is to make a website so with that goal in mind I want to learn php and javascript and also xhtml, css, mysql so I can make a nice site.

No comments:

Post a Comment