Saturday, September 20, 2008

MySQL Database

I want to learn how to create databases with mysql and connect to them with php. I don't remember why I wanted to learn sql all I know is that I downloaded mysql so I could read sams Teach Yourself SQL in 24 hours. That's why I wanted to learn Mysql so I could read the free book. Yes that is it.

So I tried to install Mysql, but I had problems, because my firewall was blocking a port. That frustrated me a lot. Somehow I got Mysql installed and started reading sams teach yourself Mysql, but gave up reading the book after a week or so.

Now I want to start reading the book again so I can use Mysql with php as I said before. I don't know what I can do with a database although I am sure I will find something. I hope I learn Mysql this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment