Thursday, September 18, 2008

TAB electronics robot kit


A couple of years ago I got a robot kit made by TAB electronics. I got the robot kit, but waited a few weeks to assemble it until I could get smaller tools to use to put the kit together because I though I needed to get smaller screw drivers. It turned out that I did not need smaller screw drivers after all, my regular screw drivers would have worked fine.


The robot kit did not take long to assemble probably an hour or less. I broke a peace of the kit, but I used my model glue to put it back together. I got the kit together and tried the robot once or twice and now I leave it sitting around gathering dust, but it is nice to look at.


The robot kit came with a CD that had assembly instructions and it also had programming information. The robot has a serial port connector on it so you can hook it up to a computer and program it. The serial connector did not come with the kit and I did not want to buy the connector so I never learned how to program the robot although I think programming the robot would be fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment