Monday, September 1, 2008

plastic scale models continued

Some more scale model tool talk today. I had sand paper that I wanted to use between coats of paint when spay painting my models. I probably did use the sand paper for that purpose, but I don't think the sand paper helped my paint jobs. I believe I also had a tack rag to use after I sanded the coat of paint to get all the loose debris off the model.

I wanted to do some custom stuff to my models so I had a little saw, small knives, and sheets of plastic. I used the saw to cut the doors open and also make trunks open on cars. The doors and trunks opened, but I needed to make hinges. I did not make good hinges. Cutting parts out did not work well. I'd rather buy models where the doors open that would be a lot less work.

I used the knives to cut the parts for the model from the numbered plastic, I think they are called trees they come on. I wanted to use the plastic sheets to put flatbeds on trucks. I don't think the flat beds turned of good, but at least I had fun making the flatbeds.

No comments:

Post a Comment