Sunday, September 21, 2008

MODULA-2 programming langauge

Another programming language I have tried is MODULA-2. I also wanted to try MODULA-3, but I could not find a compiler for windows. There are a few compilers on the modula-2 website, but I tried only one of the compilers and it is called Native XDS. I got XDS installed on my computer OK and started the program.

I had high hopes about learning modula-2, but like most of the other programming languages I have tried I used it for a day or two and then quit. I wanted to read the documentation and everything, but never go it done.

By the way Native XDS is also an oberon 2 compiler so I did try a line or two of oberon 2, but not more than that. I love the name oberon 2 because it sounds like some programming language from outer space. A fantastic name for a programming language.

No comments:

Post a Comment