Friday, September 26, 2008

java programming language

I have used java a little more than the other programming languages I have written about. I've read Sam's teach yourself java 2 in 24 hours. For most of the other programming languages I have tried I have only written a few lines of code.

I remember when I wanted to start programming in java I went to about.com java and found out what I needed to download and then I went to sun's java website and downloaded java with netbeans and it took 6 hours because it was a 100MB download. I installed the programs, but I could not get java set up so I could compile and run progams at a command prompt so I got upset and did not try to use java again for awhile.

Eventually I did set my path up right so I could use java at a command prompt and I think that is when I started reading Sam's teach yourself java 2 in 24 hours. It took me a month or two to complete the book. I had fun reading the book and programming in java. Although I would need a lot more practice progaming in java if I wanted to write a useful program.

I am not sure I want to learn how to write useful programs in java, but if I wanted to lean java better I would concentrate on applets. I would love to write applets for websites. Applets are cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment