Friday, September 12, 2008

More Radio Control

I did not know anything about RCs when I got my RCs and I don't know much about RCs now. I had one little booklet with pictures of RCs and one issue of radio control car action when I got the hornet. I think the hawk and hornet came with manuals, but I never bothered to read them. I charged the battery and drove the vehicles without knowing what maintenance I should be doing.

The battery pack I got to use with my hornet got wrecked or for some other reason did not work anymore so I got another battery pack for my vehicles that was used and it still works today. I bought the used battery because it was cheaper than a new battery. I am surprised either battery lasted very long because I would run the battery down and recharge it with my charger without letting it cool down which is bad for the battery.

One thing I did not like about the Radio controlled vehicles was that the transmitter took eight AA batteries. I know I could have gotten rechargeable AA batteries, but I got regular AA batteries and it always seemed like a waste. I wanted to convert the transmitters to be able to use a battery pack, but never knew how to do the conversion.

No comments:

Post a Comment