Sunday, September 14, 2008

Synfig

Yesterday I read and article on about.com Linux about a program I had never heard of before called Synfig. Synfig is an animation program so I knew right away I wanted to try synfig. I hoped there was a synfig version for windows OS. There were 4 .exes to download for windows.

I downloaded the 4 .exes for windows and then got confused because I had looked at the synfig documentation and it talked about installing mingw and other stuff for windows so I downloaded Mingw and msys, but could not get msys installed because of an error, so in desperation I ran the 4 windows .exe and then realised I had wasted a few hours downloading mingw and msys and should have tried running the 4 .exes first. At least I got Synfig to work that is all that matters to me.

So after I got Synfig installed I stated the program up and it worked, Wow I was so relieved that it worked. I did not have time to use Synfig last night so I shut it down. This morning I went to the Synfig website and tried the beginner tutorial, using synfig was not to hard. I want to do all the tutorials on the synfig website so I can learn how to use the program.

No comments:

Post a Comment