Saturday, October 11, 2008

Make magazine's blog, 8080 computer

I enjoy reading Make magazine's blog. Yesterday I was looking at my RSS feeds and make magazine had a link to a website showing an 8080 computer someone made. I thought someone building an 8080 computer how cool.

I have only had one computer and it was already built when I got it, but I have always thought maybe someday I'd like to build a computer. I don't know if I'd buy all the parts separately or get a computer kit to build, but knowing I had put the computer together with my own hands would be a great feeling as well as a learning experience.

I don't know if I would be able to build an 8080 computer like the one on the website because I've never built any electronic gadget and I am not sure I have the Patience to build a project like that or the knowledge.

one of the things I think would be cool about building a computer like the 8080 computer is that after finishing it I could write programs for it using some computer language like C, basic, or assembly or some other programming language. I like old computers and would love to program using one someday.

No comments:

Post a Comment