Wednesday, October 8, 2008

SciTE editor

I leaned of SciTE when I downloaded ruby for the first time. I have used SciTE for a while, but only for writing java and other programming languages source code. I like it for writing souce code because it has line numbers and it highlights keywords.

I have always used notepad to write html, but recently I stated using SciTE to write html. I wish I had stated using SciTE to write xhtml sooner. I like the fact that the xhtml is highlighted and I can open tabs and have many html documents open at the same time. Also with SciTE I can tell if I make a mistake spelling an xhtml element or attribute name.

SciTE came in very handy a few days ago when I was writing xhtml frames. Opening multiple frames allowed me to have the names of the frames right in front of me so I would not make a mistake and write the wrong names in the frame container page.

No comments:

Post a Comment