Sunday, October 19, 2008

My favorite NES games

Yesterday I read an article by Mike Dodd at dailygame.net that he wrote about his NES. I enjoyed reading the article. I thought after reading the article, well I had an NES so I can do a blog post or two about my NES. So here I go.

I got my Nintendo entertainment system for Christmas in 1988, wow 20 years ago already. This was not my first video game console because we had an ATARI 2600, more on the ATARI in another post. I don't remember, but I probably wanted a Nintendo for awhile.

The NES came with two controllers and two video games, duck hunt and Super Mario. It also game with the gun controller for duck hunt. I don't have that many memories of playing the NES, but I do remember a few games I liked. I probably had at least 15 games for my NES.

First I'll talk about duck hunt. I was terrible at duck hunt so I would put the gun controller almost right up to the T.V screen an shoot away at the ducks. I'm sure putting the controller so it is almost touching the T.V. is cheating, but it was fun anyway although it would have been nice to put the gun controller a few feet back and play the game.

Another NES game I enjoyed was a baseball game that I can't remember the name of but I do remember wanting to play that game all the time. I would play the game for hours and would never get tired of playing.

No comments:

Post a Comment