Thursday, May 3, 2012

Git is where dream are stored

Yes I was having fun follow the bit tutorials from Git Immersion that I found out about from a comment on a Stackoverflow post. I desperately need version control for my nonexistent project. Leaning how to use git makes me feel like a big time programmer without having to write a line of code.

I also saw mention in the Mercurial mentioned in the stackoverflow post. So that got me thinking that I need to try mercurial. I could try every version control system and that would keep me busy so that I would not feel bad about not writing programs. Then eventual I would feel bad but, it would take awhile.

As I mentioned before I am reading Learn ruby the hard way. And so I wanted to use git for the the projects towards the end of the book where the author want you to build a larger project. I hope I don't get so distracted  by lean how to use a git that I never write any code and it sits there unused like so many other programs I want to learn. Using git if fun though.

No comments:

Post a Comment