Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Page 3, Queen of Miserable

The university I was to secure at was called Me University. Since I am in my provided lime and the school is a fair distance away I have plenty of time to tell you the story of the university.

It was started in 1930 by a woman named Laura Me. She was a teacher who was frustrated by the lack of higher eduction opportunities for women. So she decided to take matters into her own hands and with her life savings she bought a plot of land in warren ville.

The land had a large building the was used as a hospital up until the early 1920's.But had been abandoned but, was in reasonably good condition. The purchase of the land having drained the majority of her savings she looked for volunteers to help her fix up the building. Even one in warren ville was glad to help her restore the building. Some people worked on carpentry other helped with pained or what ever else needed to be done. It took the volunteer crew a year to fix up the building and have it ready for the first students.

The building was an old red brick building with four floors. First and second floor classroom areas and third and forth floor dormitories. The insides wall were painted white the cheapest pain Laura could find and the dormitory furniture was sparse but, the girl would bring things from home to make it more like home. It was a handsome building for an all girls school.

Classes stated on June 20, 1930. Yes, early for a university but, Mrs Me could not wait to start teaching college students. The first classes were small as Me university offered only a small number of courses at first. As word spread about Me the all girls school women from all over the country began to steam in looking to attend. Gradually the school offered more courses and more building until it was one of the largest all women universities not only in the United states but, the world.

I once thought of attending the university but, it was to far a way from home thought I wanted to mover far away from home that would have made me happy and I would not let that happen in my life not even then. So I picked a university closer to home which made me more miserable.

Yes, Me university was prestigious, why they wanted me to lecture on how to be more miserable to their students I have no idea. I suppose everyone was to happy and the administration saw a need. I don't know. Anyway I would be lecturing there in 1 hour but, I might end up being late because of all the traffic. Evidently there is something called the 4th of July tonight. I don't know what that is since I never celebrate special occasions as that might bring on undue happiness. And if word got out that someone saw me happy my career would be over. I might as well move to the desert and plant trees.

I could see the university ground in the distance. Then I took a look at my cheap watch and saw that I might make the lecture on time after all. I am now getting out of the car and slamming the door. Without so much a thank yo to the driver I rush inside and see thousand of young women eagerly awaiting my arrival. A big cheer when up when I am sighted. Why would they cheer the queen of miserable. Beats me.

Page 3

No comments:

Post a Comment