Monday, May 28, 2012

Queen of Miserable, Page 7

The was a screech of the taxi cab wheel as Daniel Thornton quickly applied the brakes. My genius cab driver had suddenly hit the brakes yes, indeed. Apparently for what I could make out over his shouting as he ran from the cab is that he had spotted a candy store and since he was running low on milk duds he decided to stop and replenish his supply and he would be right back

I was panicked. I thought we had suddenly stopped for something serious. Say a car swerving into our lane, Daniel Thornton seeing a celebrity, a 50 percent off sale at a department store. No he stopped for none of those things. Candy could he not have purchased that some other times say after he had dropped me off at the airport but, no he had to get his candy right now.

He returned to the taxi with a paper bag full of boxes of milk duds. He offered me a box but, I declined saying I don't eat candy any more because it brings me happiness and I like to be miserable, he said suit yourself and hopped into the drivers seat of the cab.

The conversation on the last leg of this now long journey consisted of Daniel Thornton's opinions on fashion. He believed that the greatest fashions came from the 1970's and specifically the pant suit. I could tell since he was wearing a power blue pantsuit. He thought he looked good and could not resist whistling at passing woman and asking the for a date. This was so disgusting to me.

For the last mile he was on his cell phone talking to his girlfriend as far a I could discern. Telling her he loved her and that she was the woman that he wanted to spend the rest of his life with. I would have liked to rip that cell phone from his ear and tell her that he was asking out every woman he could. This man was not only a bad dresser he was a womanizer.

Finally we arrived at the airport.And after he unloaded my bags he had the nerve to ask me out even after I told him about my husband. He said "I would tell him if you go out with me unless you want me to." I said no and left with my bags in a huff. I hope I never see Daniel Thornton again. I ran for my gate and showed the security my pass and was ushered through the long security line and out onto the tarmac. I raced to the plane and quickly climbed up the steps and into the jet. Oh, wow was I glad to be getting on this plane and away from that awful cab driver.

I am no fan of flying but, me Yvette swans likes to get places quick so I would rather fly than take a plane or drive a car or walk. So I fly. Its not that bad. Unlike most people I do enjoy airplane food, its one of the few things I enjoy, please don't tell anyone it could ruin my career. Ops, I just told everyone I already did, so if you want to tell someone say your dog or cat the Yvette Swans likes airplane food feel free.

Page 7

No comments:

Post a Comment