Friday, June 1, 2012

I wish I had not thrown away so much of my time

Conciergerie - Pont au Change - clock

I wish I had not thrown away so much of my time. I think I have thrown away a lot of time doing nothing or things that I did not want to do. For years I listened to the radio, watched television and surfed the internet and never asked myself do you enjoy what you are watching or listening to? Are you getting what you want to get out of it? In other words was I learning what I wanted to learn.

And thinking back on it for a lot of my life I did things that I did not enjoy. For instance I listened to a lot of sports talk radio and watched sports on t.v. and I did not enjoy myself I would have been better of doing something else. I took sports ways to seriously. I wanted to learn about stuff that mattered to me like math or read books about interesting people but, instead I threw my time away.

Or for another example that I thought of today. Actually I will give 2 examples. I spent a lot of time on Myspace tweaking my site and I only had 3 friends. As I remember it I would spend probably hours looking for the right theme for my myspace. I also remember looking to see how many hits my profile got. Why did I do that? i don't know.

I also spent a lot of time downloading windows themes for my computer. Why not spend my time learning instead of wasting it on something like worrying about what sound my computer makes when a program opens or what my desktop wallpaper is.

I hope I don't waste as much of my time as I have in the past in the future.

Powered by Plinky

No comments:

Post a Comment